- Ensure that plant equipment including Reach Stackers, Empty Container Handlers, Terminal tractors, Terminal trailers, Diesel forklifts, Electrical forklifts and power Gensets are maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned maintenance;
- Conduct daily TBT to technicians and ensure all maintenance jobs are being done with the presence of RA and SOP which must be communicated to the team and implemented.
- Ensure to follow OEM and Company established procedures related to all equipment activities.
- Identify equipment faults and methods to improve equipment reliability;
- Ensure that work order is generated for all work performed equipment. Once the maintenance work has been completed, fill in the Work Oder Checklist and return to planning.
- Organize and supervise the work progress and staff attendance;
- Guide technicians to perform the maintenance work in shortest time, with minimum resources and safety.
- Monitor time taken for preventive, breakdown and corrective maintenance and recommend improvements;
- Organise spares parts requirements and proper storage and counting;
- Promote innovation and improvements.
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment for which his team is responsible.
- Monitor and develop staff to ensure technical skills necessary for maintenance of mobile equipment;
- Ensure the team of technicians works in conformity to DP World Safety and Environment Policy, standards and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years work experience in container terminal or heavy industry
- Fully conversant with safety procedures and environment best practices
- Communication Skills - Advance in the English language
- Computer skills - experienced in Officer Applications, EAMS